In the age of web 3.0, some of us are still living and learning the tricks of web 2.0. However, be it web 2.0 or 3.0, one thing is very clear – the age of the internet is here to stay and grow exponentially and if we want to ride this wave, we have to get on board and make our business digital-friendly.
One of the main attractions of any business these days has become its website. In a brief nutshell, your website is your digital address. Just like physical businesses invest in fancy interiors, digital websites invest in small yet powerful things that help them accelerate their growth and increase their revenue.
Here are 5 tips to accelerate your business using your website:
- Compelling Copy: The main focus here should be writing interesting copy that catches the attention of your prospective clients. It should very clearly define what your business does, where your expertise lies, and how you can benefit them (your customers) should they choose to work with you. Make sure that the content on your website is compelling, crisp, and catchy!
- Interesting Design & Interface: Remember, when it comes to design, simplicity is the key! Following Apple and Google’s aesthetic, we can learn the simpler and neater the design, the higher the perceived value of the brand. When it comes to the user interface, it is important to map the customer journey and ensure that prospective customers are able to easily navigate through the website.
- Call to Action: The next important thing that could increase sales is a very clear CTA (call to action). What action do we want the prospective customer to take once on the website? Should they download an eBook, subscribe to the newsletter, or make the purchase? Once again, planning the customer journey will come in handy. It is advised to have your CTA spread across multiple places on the website.
- Contact Forms: Can a prospective customer call your business to get further information? Is your business easily accessible and approachable? Adding a contact form at the bottom of the page in the header section will help you increase your lead database (later this database could be used for SMS and Email Marketing campaigns). Just ensure that you aren’t asking for too many details in the form, as that could be off-putting.
- Lead Magnets: Once the prospective customer has come on to the website – how do you plan to lure them into giving their contact details and consent? One excellent and proven strategy is by placing lead magnets across the websites. These could be something as simple as activity sheets, eBooks, short video courses, etc.
- Social Proof: In the Art of Persuasion, Dale Carnegie writes about social proof and how it drives change. The mere knowledge that others have accepted your work and have liked working with you creates enough proof of concept for prospective clients to make purchase decisions. You can add your testimonials in the form of videos, quotes, tiny infographics, etc. It is a good practice to link your google reviews to your website.
If you would like to understand how you can use your website to increase your sales, feel free to book a discovery call with us and we will be happy to guide you! Our website services start with $0 upfront payment! Click here to learn more!